Before purchasing a subscription to NCHC.tv, please take a moment to review our system requirements:
Intel Pentium 4 2.33GHZ or equivalent processor with a minimum of 512MB of memory.
Microsoft Windows XP SP2 or Microsoft Windows Vista.
Internet Explorer 10.0, Firefox 20 or above, Safari 6 or Google Chrome:
- Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox
- Chrome: http://www.google.com/chrome
- Safari: http://www.apple.com/safari
Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.52 or above: http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/
Free hard disk space: 300 MB.
Video adapter and monitor: Super VGA (1024x768) or higher.
PowerPC G3 600 MHz
Pentium III 1GHz
Mac OS X 10.4+
Macromedia Flash Player 9: http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/
Firefox v1.5+: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox
Free hard disk space: 300 MB.
Video adapter and monitor: Super VGA (1024x768) or higher.
A broadband Internet connection (DSL/cable or higher) of 750 kbps or higher is needed for viewing NCHC.tv. If you have an Internet connection speed of 3.0 Mbps or higher and your computer meets the requirements below, you will be able to enjoy NCHC.tv at its highest video quality.
YES! NCHC.tv uses adaptive html5 technology compatible with most mobile browsers, including iOS and Android operating systems. NCHC.tv apps are also available on AppleTV and Roku.
How can I watch on my Apple TV?
Users with the 4th generation Apple TV can download the NCHC.tv app from the App Store on their Apple TV device. Access to LIVE and premium content will require an NCHC.tv subscription from the desktop site, while on-demand video content will be available free of charge.
The NCHC.tv app will not be available on the 2nd generation and 3rd generation Apple TV. Users with those devices can watch NCHC.tv content on their Apple TV devices using AirPlay via iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or Mac (see below).
To use AirPlay, you need one of these devices:
1. Connect your iOS device and your AirPlay device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. On your iOS device, swipe up from the bottom of your screen to open Control Center.
3. Tap AirPlay.
4. Tap the name of the device you want to stream content to. You'll see (TV) or (speaker) next to each device, so you know what type of content you can stream. On iPad, you might need to scroll to see all of the available devices. Don't see your device in the list?
When you choose an AirPlay device, audio or video from your iOS device will play on your AirPlay-enabled speakers or on the TV that's connected to your Apple TV. If you turn on Mirroring, you'll see your entire iOS screen on the TV that's connected to your Apple TV. Your TV will use the orientation and aspect ratio of your device. If you want the image from your device to fill your TV screen, you might need to to adjust your TV's aspect ratio or zoom settings. For more information on streaming content from your device to your TV visit Apple's site.
How can I watch on my Roku?
Go to the Roku Channel Store from a Roku device and download the NCHC.tv app. Access to LIVE and premium content will require an NCHC.tv subscription from the desktop site, while on-demand video content will be available free of charge.
1. Plug in: Plug Chromecast into your TV, then connect the USB power cable to your Chromecast. Then either plug the other end of the USB power cable into an open USB port on your TV OR into the included power adapter which you will then plug into a power outlet. Note:Only use the provided AC adapter.
2. Connect: Double check that the Chromecast and the mobile device, tablet, or laptop you are using to set up Chromecast with are both on the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Download the Chromecast app: On your mobile device, tablet, or laptop, download the Chromecast app
4. Set up Chromecast: Follow these simple Chromecast setup instructions or watch the video below to get your device cast ready.
5. Watch: Cast videos, movies, TV shows, and more from your mobile device, tablet or laptop to your TV.
For more information see Chromecast's site.
To sign up to any of the packages available, simply select one of the pricing boxes on the relevant pages or click on the 'Subscribe' button at the top right of any page. If you are already a registered user, simply click 'Sign In' at the top of the player or on any slide and enter your username and password.
NCHC.tv accepts American Express, Discover, Visa and MasterCard credit card payments across the world. Please ensure that during the signup procedure you enter all the required details and remember your username and password (these will be emailed to you upon confirmation of payment).
NCHC.tv integrates the live and on-demand video platforms of all eight schools - plus NCHC Tournament games - in one place. This allows NCHC fans to follow their favorite schools all season long, both at home and on the road, without purchasing multiple subscriptions to individual school video services.
Individual school packages provide live and on-demand content relevant to that school's teams, both home and away. The conference packages provide access to live and on-demand content available from all eight schools as well as all Quarterfinal NCHC Tournament games and the third-place game in the NCHC Frozen Faceoff. The conference package offers the best per-game value with an average per-game price well under $1.00.
For your convenience, annual (season) and one-month subscriptions for the school and the conference-wide packages are set for auto renewal. Your subscription will auto renew one or 12 months from your date of purchase and will be charged to the card provided in your billing information. Those customers purchasing annual packages will also receive a reminder email prior to the auto renewal process taking place. To cancel your participation in the auto-renewal program, please contact customer support via one of the methods listed under "Contact Us" below.
If you would like to upgrade your subscription to gain additional access and/or lengthen your subscription commitment, contact us at email@example.com.
If you were a NCHC.tv subscriber in 2014-15 and auto-renewed for 2015-16, your username and password will remain the same.
This feature helps us understand our audience better and provides an opportunity to see which fans of teams are using our new service. If you are not a student or alumnus/alumna of a particular school, please feel free to select the school with which you most closely identify to as a fan.
NCHC.tv features, at a minimum, high-quality, multi-camera productions with live audio of hockey games originating from a NCHC member's venue (except games subject to blackout for selected television broadcasts). Over 115 live games will be available on NCHC.tv throughout the season, as well as all NCHC Tournament quarterfinal round games and the third-place game at the Frozen Faceoff. In addition, other live content from events such as NCHC Media Day, the NCHC Frozen Faceoff and the NCHC Awards Celebration may be available on the network if the event is streamed.
The NCHC has a television contract with CBS Sports Network that restricts games shown live on their network to be streamed on NCHC.tv simultaneously. Other NCHC games televised nationally may also be subject to restrictions on NCHC.tv, depending on the network. If a game is blacked out due to television restrictions it will not be available on NCHC.tv.
This may be related to a web browser media player plugin issue. Follow these steps to resolve:
First, uninstall Adobe Flash Plug-in.
On a PC, do this through your CONTROL PANEL > ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS.
On a Mac, drag Adobe Flash Player from applications to your Trash; or use Finder to locate Adobe Flash Player install manager, and uninstall.
Once you have removed Adobe Flash, ***restart your computer***
Finally, download/install Flash directly from Adobe's website: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.
If you are having difficulty accessing content on NCHC.tv, you should clear out your browser's cache. If you receive a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" or similar error message, or an incomplete page load, deleting your browser's cache may solve the problem. Here is how to clear the cache in the most popular browsers supported by NCHC.tv:
1. Click on the Tools menu and select Internet Options
2. In the General Tab, under the Browsing History section, click Delete
3. Click the Delete Files button next to Temporary Internet Files
4. Click Yes
1. Click the "Tools" menu
2. Select "Clear Recent History"
3. Select "Everything" in the drop down menu on the top right of the new window
4. Click on the arrow next to "Details" to list more options
5. Check the box next to "Cache" and click on "Clear Now"
1. Click the Tools menu
2. Select "Clear browsing data"
3. Check the box next to "Empty the cache"
4. Click "Clear Browsing Data"
1. Click the Safari menu and select Empty Cache
2. Click Empty
1. Click the Safari menu and select Preferences
2. In the Preferences menu click on the "Advanced" tab
3. Check the box next to "Show Develop menu in menu bar"
4. In the Develop menu that is now available, select "Empty Caches"
Please contact customer support for NCHC.tv via one of the methods listed under "Contact Us" below.
For email support, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.